The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - What happens if you're losing your Internet connection? - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: HHD8A
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 00:22 on September 16th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I'm just glad that even though this is my second last year of high school, it counts for nothing in terms of overall results at the end, if it did I would be wrecked :P
-----
Not all That Glitters Is Gold, Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.
Posted at 19:03 on September 15th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
yeah, but at least you pass at the end of the year... more than I can say at the moment
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 18:15 on September 13th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Bah, I wish I was you, I'm doing a course which is piss easy I fall asleep in class and have a grade average of 93%.

I've had to take on extra Commerce papers to keep my mind working.
-----
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation
Posted at 08:29 on September 13th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I like Uni a lot better than high school because even though high school was a day in the park compared to uni, now I'm at least doing something I want to do (although it appears I ain't doing it very well)
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 01:17 on September 13th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
The Mole: I agree with you on that, I hardly ever missed a class at High School, but when I went to University, I missed quite a few labs just because I couldn't be bothered, I prefered to sit at home and read my text book.
-----
Posted at 10:29 on September 12th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I never really minded going to class in high school in the first place, I never skipped a single hour without a good reason... It was good fun compared to university :pain:
-----
"One Very Important Thought"
Posted at 05:50 on September 12th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Yeah Pada we figure the same idea go for morning admin so that you are there for the day, then pick the classes where you know the teacher won't take the role, that way noone is any the wiser ;)
-----
Posted at 10:52 on September 11th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
That was kinda the point of our system: the school never knew you were ilegally absent seeing as their records for that day showed you as present and the teacher whose classes you skipped thought you were ill and therefor legally absent... So I officialy never ever missed a day of school ilegally but of the record, that's a different story...
-----
Posted at 23:55 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
In the last two years of high schooling in our state you must atend 80% of classes or fail the whole year. So going to classes helps and if you fail one assesment then you fail the subject and fail one english assesment then guess what you fail the year :(
-----
Posted at 17:34 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
At my university, it is quite possible to miss every single class and just take the tests if you study the book good. You have to watch it though, sometimes the professor lecture on stuff that isn't in the book. You have to be responsible to do your own homework, as the only thing you are graded on here is exams... I mean I am paying like $350 a credit hour so they don't care if you don't show up.

[Edit: misspelled hour somehow...]

Tuss

Edited by Tuss at 19:35 on September, 10th 2002
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 17:17 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Guess that answers my question :)
-----
Posted at 17:13 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Yes, I believe so.
-----
Posted at 16:11 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Don't seem to remember that particular thread.... Was it before I joined perhaps?
-----
Posted at 16:08 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Yes. I touched that a bit in the old discussion about fees... :worried:
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 16:07 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
How do you mean? More control?
-----
Posted at 16:06 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Well.... not anymore. It's developing into a wrong direction here at the moment :(
-----
Posted at 15:58 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
What do you mean? Perfect? :D
-----
Posted at 15:54 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
In that case, your unis seem to be similar to ours :)
-----
Posted at 15:52 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Here in Belgium you don't actually enrole for your classes but for your exams... For the rest you can do whatever you like and they wouldn't care less... At Uni, you have total freedom but with this freedom comes responsability :) You can choose not to go to clas if you have a hangover or just don't feel like it but you might miss out on some important info... But it remains your choice... I don't see how you can be any more free than that... The only thing I have to attend are my "werkcolleges" (kinda like classes but a little more pratical-oriented in theory) and the only reason I have to go there is because at the end of each of these, there's a little test on which you can earn 4 out of the total twenty points of your exam... Luckily, only two courses this year had these werkcolleges and I still skipped all of them of one course (soooooooooooooo Boring :)) which in retrospect wasn't my best move... :)
-----
Posted at 15:44 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
To balance this out, Germany has maybe the most 'free' universities of all countries :) I don't know how it is in Belgium, but in the USA or England for example, studying is still like school until you get your Bachelor's degree from what I've heard :D
-----