The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Comments / Discussion - Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1992)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1992)

Posted at 13:31 on April 15th, 2024 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
As I remember, the book can be in different random places. Though I don't remember it ever being in this office. So, my guess, it's indeed always empty.

Posted on Mastodon
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 13:36 on April 15th, 2024 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Every path involves the search for Trottier. The chaotic running around of the same four passers-by is so horrible. The car-chase is however unique, Teams has something entirely different and Fists almost doesn't need Trottier.

Posted on Mastodon
Posted at 15:09 on April 15th, 2024 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Yes, I remember the how many fingers debacle ;)

Posted on Mastodon
-----
Posted at 19:03 on April 15th, 2024 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Sternhart turned into a skeleton??? Er... how long has it taken me to get to Crete?

Posted on Mastodon
Attachment: *****
-----
Posted at 06:44 on April 16th, 2024 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Having gotten to the gates of Atlantis, I figured it's best to try the other paths first. Going for "team". I liked the part with Trottier in this one. Yes, asking the player to guess "how many fingers" is stupid. But the idea of quizzing them in statements made in an earlier conversation, seemingly unimportant side details, was good. Plus, there was an alternative solution available.

Posted on Mastodon
-----
Posted at 12:54 on April 16th, 2024 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I enjoyed the team path. Those little touches of interaction with Sophia. The squabbling, as clichéd as it is. The way she waves when seeing her through the measuring device. Or when she has to crawl through the hole to open the door - both clearly uncomfortable with the amount of physical contact. The coded conversation on the submarine. She gets captured too much, yes. Still quite an achievement for the time. Puzzles also seemed better. I maintain this is the "true" path planned first.

Posted on Mastodon
-----
Posted at 19:10 on April 16th, 2024 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Now tackling the Fists path. So far seems like the least fleshed out. Trottier is useless. On the dig site, Indy finds a secret passage which contains... *nothing*. Going through just triggers the story to go on for no discernable reason.

Posted on Mastodon
-----
Posted at 20:11 on April 16th, 2024 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Made it to Atlantis for the third time. Honestly, underwhelming path overall. The fighting system is exactly like the one in Pirates in theory. In practice, it's no fun. Note on the voicework: Arnold didn't even *sing* "gaudeamus igitur". I liked the very final scene, seeing the submarine approach just as a shadow.

Posted on Mastodon
-----
Posted at 19:44 on April 17th, 2024 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Played through the outer ring of Atlantis. For the first time in this game, I have the feeling there are some actual puzzle chains forming.I like the retro-futuristic technology and art design. Of course, it never gives the impression of this being a city where people actually lived. Too many "workshops". Much too small overall. This, though, is not criticism. They couldn't have done it better realistically.

Posted on Mastodon
-----
Posted at 18:01 on April 18th, 2024 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Man, do I wish this raft was faster!

Posted on Mastodon
-----
Posted at 18:52 on April 18th, 2024 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Made it. Overall, considering team path, liked it. Quite a pace for an adventure game. Constant forward movement. I do wonder why it is listed as "hard puzzles" often. It's very linear, few locations available at each time, few objects. Never really opened up. This made almost everything straightforward, even in less logical moments. In the endgame, use of light, colours and perspective were the highlight for me.

Posted on Mastodon
-----
Posted at 19:01 on April 18th, 2024 | Quote | Edit | Delete
It's nice you win a free submarine in the end

Posted on Mastodon
Posted at 19:02 on April 18th, 2024 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Yup! Plus, the classic Indiana Jones ending: everything would have happened and ended exactly the same way without him.

Gepostet auf Mastodon
-----
Posted at 19:09 on April 18th, 2024 | Quote | Edit | Delete
hahaha

Gepostet auf Mastodon
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll